WORK STARTS ON BELFAST WATERFRONT CONFERENCE CENTRE EXTENSION
Work has officially started on the £29.5 million extension to Belfast Waterfront – the biggest capital project in Belfast City Council’s ongoing Investment Programme.
Belfast City Council is providing £11 million towards the expansion, with £14.4 million funding from the EU Sustainable Competitiveness Programme, and £4.1 million from the Northern Ireland Tourist Board.
It will double the Waterfront’s existing conference and exhibition space to attract more international conferences and promote Belfast as a world-class destination for business tourism.
The construction work is scheduled to be completed in December 2015, with the new facilities opening in spring 2016.
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment (DETI) is designated as Managing Authority for the Competitiveness Programme. The funding is delivered through three main spending Priorities:
- Sustainable Competitiveness and Innovation;
- Sustainable Enterprise and Entrepreneurship;
- Improving Accessibility and Protecting and Enhancing the Environment;
In addition, a small percentage of the overall allocation is set aside for programme management, verification, evaluation and publicity activities.
NITB Summer Launches Read Full Story >
Also in this issue:
- Success Through Competitiveness
- Update from the Programme Managing Authority
- Europe Day
- Did you know...no.1
- Minister on the Road
- Did you Know...no.2
- NITB Summer Launches
- Did you know...no.3
- New Lord Mayor welcomes 100,000th visitor to Belfast Welcome Centre
- Update on the development of the 2014-2020 ERDF Investment for Growth and Jobs Programme